Sunday, June 3, 2012

LOOK the part, BE the part, DRESS the part, WALK the part.


LOOK the part, BE the part, DRESS the part, WALK the part.

LOOK the part, BE the part, DRESS the part, WALK the part.  -Ulysses Joseph

Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you--trippingly on the tongue; but if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as lief the town-crier spoke my lines. Nor do not saw the air too much with your hand, thus, but use all gently; for in the very torrent, tempest, and as I may say, the whirlwind of your passion, you must acquire and beget a temperance that may give it smoothness.  -William Shakespeare

Unpolished actors often speak all the words in their lines with equal emphasis--a dead giveaway that they are novices. . . the simple practice of elongating key words often makes for much more believable performance.  -David J. Lieberman, Ph.D.

To know God so as to walk aright before him is the greatest of all the applied sciences.  -Charles H. Spurgeon, The Treasury of David

Deeds are the measure of a man.  -Chief in India

Action must be founded on intelligence.  -Unknown

It is one thing to propose, another to execute.  -Aesop

Deeds, not words.  -George Washington's Motto

I must lose myself in action, lest I wither in despair.  -Alfred Lord Tennyson

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.  -Jesus Christ

No comments: